Printing documents from your Mac requires installing a specific driver. This Mac OS driver allows you to print using WiFi or an Ethernet connection, everywhere on campus.
Installing the Mac OS driver
- Download the file YSoft SafeQ Client for Mac.dmg (21mo).
- Double click to open the file and begin installation.
Mac OS may refuse to open the driver for the following reason "app comes from an unidentified developer". If this happens, please continue through the security measures by following Apple's advice.
- Click on "Continue".
- Click on "Install".
- Enter the password of your Mac (or the password of the administrator).
- Click on "Continue installation".
- The driver is being installed.
- Installation has succeed! Finish the configuration by clicking on "Close the session".
Once the session is closed, your Mac is all set. You can now print documents on all printers on campus!
Your first print
Before starting to print, please ensure you have successfully installed the Mac OS driver and you are connected to the STATION F network (via WiFi or ethernet).
- Print a document from your computer (a Word file for example).
- Select "STATIONFPRINTER" from the list of available printers.
- Click on "Always authorize" to allow YSoft SafeQ to handle the connections between your Mac and the printers.
- Enter your HAL login and your printer password.
You have a specific password for printing. For security reasons, this password is different from your HAL password. If you have lost your printer password, ask for a new one right from your HAL account.
- Move to the nearest printer and trigger the print by positioning your badge where indicated.
That's all folks :)