Printing documents from your Linux computer requires installing a specific driver. This Linux driver allows you to print everywhere on campus as long as you're connected to the STATION F network via Wi-Fi or an Ethernet connection.
Installing the Linux driver
- Connection to the STATION F network.
- VPN/Proxies must be disabled.
- The driver won't work if you have a VPN/Proxies enabled!
- Cups version 1.2+
1. Download the driver archive (~28KB)
2. Open your terminal and decompress the archive with tar -xvf papercut.tar
3. Enter the papercut directory and execute bash setup.sh to start the installation (Your sudo password will be asked)
4. Enjoy 🚀
Your first print job
Before starting to print, please ensure you have successfully installed the Linux driver and you are connected to the STATION F network (via Wi-Fi or Ethernet). And check that your VPN/Proxies are disabled.
- Print a document from your computer (a Word file for example)
- Select "STATIONFPRINTER" from the list of available printers.
- Your HAL credential will be asked.
- If everything looks good you should have a notification to let you know that your job is available at the printer.